Sunday, May 22, 2011

We are so lucky to have these neighbors!

Sorry! I've been on vacation, so my goal of one post a day didn't work. But I'll try better!

This comes again from my good friend Raven:

"As a mother to a newborn and two young children, I am learning the art of saying "yes" to offers of help. Today, I pulled into our parking spot after doing some grocery shopping, unloaded the three children, and chatted with my dear neighbor Janae for a minute. I know, I know, I already highlighted Janae on this blog. But this story is actually about her husband, Jared. I mentioned to Janae that I'd be back in a minute to grab my groceries after I got the kids upstairs and she said a couple words to Jared who was over at my car's trunk with no hesitation at all, grabbing the bags of groceries. He lugged them up to our third floor condo for me and brought them into our kitchen. It's acts like these that make me so grateful to live in such a neighborhood surrounded by such terrific people. Jared needed no prodding and he served quietly and with no fuss. What a great guy. Thanks, Jared, for making my day."

Thank you Jared! You give such quiet acts of service! And I know how much you help my husband, all without any want for recognition. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. And can I mention, he's a great double-door holder. We were taking the kids out for a walk yesterday during Nursery, and there was 3 kids per adult (Trent and I) and no spare hands...Jared was right by the door and grabbed it for us. Such a small thing--but so much appreciated!! And Janae...can we start on her again--running our little L to his mom while she was trying to walk with the baby...such nice people!!! :D

    ReplyDelete