Friday, May 6, 2011

Love in the form of clothes

This one is given to me by my good friend Raven, about Janae, who I'm sure will frequent this blog because she's awesome too. Thank you, Raven!


So, anyone who lives around here knows that Janae is one of the most neighborly doer of good deeds around. And she always serves quietly and with the purest of intentions. I could list a dozen things she has done for me personally, but here's the most recent one. We just had our third baby, a little boy. We already have a boy in the family, so you'd think we be set for clothes and other baby items. But just a couple days after baby came, I heard my husband answer the door, say an enthusiastic "thank you!" and close the door. When I came out, there was a huge bin, a whole garbage bag, and a smaller box stuffed with boy clothes. Everything from newborn onesies to toddler coats. I know there were a couple families who donated to this stash, so thank you to you all. I sorted through, took what I needed, and gave the rest back to Janae to pass on to someone else.

Here's the great thing. Janae didn't just say, "Let me know if there's ever anything I can do," which, admittedly, is exactly what I said to her a couple weeks later when her baby came. She just thought of a need we might have and took action. She quietly dropped them by with no fuss and served our family in her usual wonderful way.

You are awesome, Janae! My world is better because of you.

1 comment: