Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cupcake extroardinaire AND generous to boot!!

This comes from my friend Michelle-

"Brekke is awesome. She is a fantastic photographer. She bakes delicious cupcakes! Her Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes rocks! She is just so much fun and super creative!

BUT. . . the thing I love most about her is generous nature. So many times have I been a recipient of her generosity.

Some time ago Brekke gave me some fabric that she wasn't going to use. Bags of free fabric, all for me!! I love to sew!! I was so giddy, just thinking about all the things I could make with all that fabric. At the time all I could do was sort and store it for "one day".

Well, "one day" came recently, when I had to whip up an apron and mob cap to complete a Betsy Ross costume for an activity at Coby's school. My first thought was "Crud, I don't think I have enough white fabric" But there in those bags I found a bunch of it. Those accessories turned out beautiful!

Then Kai's class was celebrating Cinco de Mayo and his teacher suggested that the students wear a poncho. What am I gonna make his poncho out of? I have solid colored cottons and patterned flannels, but nothing that really says "Poncho." From Brekke's fabric stash, I found the perfect piece. It was just the right size, texture, and had wonderful coloring. All I had to do was cut a triangle from the middle and voila, poncho. Kai loved it!!

My last two escapades in sewing were a success because of her. Thanks Brekke!!"

Thanks, Brekke, for your kindness and example!

No comments:

Post a Comment