Saturday, May 7, 2011

To Seattle they go

My good friend Tia will be moving this next week to Seattle, and we are so sad to see her go. Here is what my friend Maggie had to say about her:

Tia has been my visiting teacher for a very long time, and she will be leaving us this next week. She has not only been my visiting teacher, but also my good friend. She is not one of those sisters that only comes around to make her monthly quota on visiting teaching. She is there for you always, no matter what you need.

Tia has been there for me through the good times and the bad. She was here for me last year when I lost my younger brother to a massive heart attack. She has been there for me when most of my grandbabies have been born. And she was there when I found out that my mother has lung cancer. Like I said Tia is one of a kind. She just seems to know when I need that extra visit through the month or a phone call every now and again to see how things are going.

Tia has been such a good friend not only to me, but to my girls also. When I question about Vanessa, she is always there to remind me that Vanessa is a beautiful girl and that we know that her spirit and heart belongs to our Heavenly Father. And for this Tia has gotten me through quite a bit.

One thing that stands out in my mind that Tia did was this past winter. Tia, Benji and Charlie had come over just for a visit. Anyways Kayla had been sick all night long and she was wanting some 7-up and Chicken Noodle soup. And my son John was here after having some surgery on his foot. He said that he did not feel like going to the store for me. So what did Tia do, she bundled up her two little boys and went to Macey's to purchase some 7-up and chicken noodle soup for Kayla. I will never forget how unselfish she was to take her two sons out in the cold weather so that Kayla could have something to eat. I could go on and on, but I need to let someone else have a turn.

So Tia if you are reading this I hope that you and your family will travel safely and find a wonderful new life in Washington. I will miss all of you and our love goes with you'll.


Tia, you and your family will be missed IMMENSELY!

3 comments:

  1. Tia and Tom are amazing. Tom used to be our home teacher. They baked cookies for us and everything! They are ward choir champions! One time I baked cookies for them. When I dropped them off, Tia had a smile AND a confused look on her face. "What are these for?" I replied, "Just for being nice, Tia!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing--we will sure miss you guys!! But know you will do AMAZING things in Washington!!! Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't imagine Tom ad Tia not being in the community! Tia always has a sincere, friendly smile for you. Best of luck in WA!

    ReplyDelete