Sunday, August 7, 2011

So many nice people to choose from...

I have been out of town, and I haven't gotten any good gossip from people lately. I'm sure that doesn't mean that service isn't being rendered, it just means I haven't heard it. :)

Anyway, this comes from me, about Rachel B.

The backdrop is June, and Rachel has JUST had her new baby girl. Like, a week ago. Maybe a week and a half. We had recently been to Rachel's house, pre-new-baby, for some ice cream cake and chatting. Brandon LOVED the cake, and father's day was coming up, and I wanted to make the dessert for him.

So, like any other person with no shame, I called her up and left a voicemail asking for the recipe. Days after having a baby. Without offering or giving any service myself. For some reason, I really regret that. I should've brought FOOD or something.

Anywho, she calls back, while she was running errands, and recites the recipe from memory for me, so that I could make a father's day dessert for Brandon. I just thought that was so nice of her. I'm sure the last thing on her mind was helping me. But she did it all the same.

Part 2- kind of... Rachel had made cookies for ward choir one Sunday, and after choir realized that she didn't hand them out. Did I mention that this was also post-baby? Do we all know how scatterbrained we are after having a new baby? Anyway, she went to everyone's house that came to choir that day and dropped off a cookie for each of us. Did I also mention that I live on the 3rd floor? And these cookies were good. You know, those homemade oreo ones? SOOOO good. I thought that was going above and beyond her calling and showing gratitude for us who came to choir.

Long story short? Go to ward choir. You'll get some awesome treats. :)

We love you, Rachel! Don't move, okay? :) And I still owe you food of some kind...

Email me your good gossip at cassmaster(at)gmail(dot)com!

No comments:

Post a Comment