Sunday, August 14, 2011

I'm the worst person on the planet...

This story comes from me, but it needs a little back story.

Last Sunday, Liza asked me how I was doing, I said good, etc, and she said that if I ever needed a place for Lexi and Lanie to go, to just call her. Sometimes it's easier when your kid has a friend over to play with, you know? So I said I would, and we left.

Wednesday, I was slightly stressed because I had in-laws coming into town and I needed to get the house ready. I remembered that Liza offered for my kids to play at her house, and I promptly gave her a call. She said that she was pretty busy that day, they were about to go for pictures, and that maybe tommorow would work for a playdate.

The next day, upon reading her facebook status, I figure out that her brother got married on Wednesday! That's the pictures they were talking about! I probably called her on the worst possible day, and instead of just telling me 'no way', she actually offered the very next day for a playdate. How stinking nice is that?!

Wait, there's more. The next morning she calls and says that she forgot that her family was doing a birthday party for her grandpa, so they wouldn't be home for a playdate. BUT, she said that she'd be more than happy to take Lexi with her to play with Nan at her mom's house. Are you kidding me? She has all this family stuff going on, but she's still more than willing to take Lexi with her? SO NICE.

And do you know what I did? I took her up on her offer. And Lexi had a blast at Liza's mom's house. And I got stuff done around the house. I'm terrible, and I should have said no. But I didn't, and I'm kinda glad I didn't. Lexi had so much fun, and I learned how great of a person Liza is. I mean, I already knew, but holy moley. She's so genuinely nice and caring about everyone she's meets. Liza always makes primary as smooth as possible on Sunday, and I think that's because she sincerely cares about every single child in that room. That's charity at work, people.

Liza, you're seriously the best. Thank you so much!

3 comments:

  1. Love her. I'm so glad that I get to work with her now--it's been wonderful getting to know her a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, she will do anything even in her busy schedule. I ran into her at the temple the day her brother got married. It just reminded me of what heaven will be like seeing good friends and family. Thanks Liza for being such a good person. I lookup to you.

    ReplyDelete